Monday, November 9, 2009

Chapter 3

After the seven days were over Job spoke, and continued speaking on, about the day he was born.

He said, Let the day I was born be no more, and the night which I concieved be ended. Let it be darkness unto God that he may not pay attention to it, let there be no light that would illuminate it. Let the blackness of death take hold upon it; The darkness that is in the day shall cause it to fear. The night shall also be taken over by darkness; Don't let it be in the calender, let it not be even thought of as a day.

See that the night is seperate, let there be no rejoiceing in it. Let them speak ill of it that speak ill of the same day, they who are ready to speak up with deep sorrow. Let the stars of the evening be darkened, let the night look for light, yet even none should be found; Neither let the day dawn. Because it did not shut the opening of my mother's womb, Neither did it hide trouble from me.

Why did I not die when I was born? Why did I let my spirit go when I first came out of the belly?
Why did the knees stop me? Why did the breasts allow me to suck?

For by this time I should be able to be still and quiet, I should be sleeping and be at rest, I should be with kings and their advisors, who have built decaying cities for themselves; or with princes that have gold, and have filled their store houses with silver: Or I should be as an secret unintentional birth. I have not been as an infant that never saw the light of day.

There evil people stop troubling others; there the tired find rest. There those that are behind bars find rest together; they do not hear the voice of opression. They that have little sucnificance and those that have been exalted are both there. The servant is free from his master.

Why is light given to him that is in great sorrow, and life unto discontented people. They that long for death, but it does not come; They dig for it more that for hid treasures; They rejoice greatly, and are glad, when they should find the grave.

Why is light given to a man that has his way hid from others, and whom God has traped inside a fence? Fory my exsasperation comes before I eat, and my groanings come out of my mouth as water out of a hose.

The thing that I feared alot is come upon me, and the thing that I was afraid of has reached me.

I was not safe, neither did I have rest, neither was I quiet, yet trouble came.

No comments:

Post a Comment