Monday, November 16, 2009

Chapter 4

Then Eliphaz the Temanite, spoke up and said, If we try to speak with you, will you be grieved? But who can stop himself from talking?

See, you have taught many people, and you have strengthened weak hands. Your words have up held the person that was falling, and you have stregthened the weak kneed.

But now it is come upon you, and you are fainting, it is touching you, and you are worried. Is this what you have feared, what you have put confidence in, what you have hoped in, the righteousness of thy ways?

Bring to rememberance those who perished, that were innocent? or the times when the righteous were cut off?

As I have seen, they that till, evil meditations, and sow wicked works, reap the same. By the blast of God they are destroyed, and by the breath of His nostrils are they consumed. The roaring of the lion, and the voice of the fierce lion, and the teeth of the young lion, are broken. The old lion dies for lack of prey, and the stout lion's whelps are scattered abroad.

Now it was brought to me in secret, my ear received a little of this. In thoughts from the visions of the night, when most men are fast asleep. Fear came on me, and a trembling that made all my bones to shake.

Then a spirit passed before my face; my hair stood up:
It stood still, but I could not make out the form, it had taken. It was an image before my eyes, it was quiet, and I heard a voice, saying, Shall mere man be more just than God? Shall a man be more pure than his maker?

See, he did not trust his servant; and his angels he thought were foolish. How much less for them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation is build in the dust, which are destroyed by moths?

They are made desolate from sun up until sundown: they perish for ever without any thought. Doth not their greatness, go away? They die, even without wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment